To inform us of a change in circumstances or apply for a reduction in council tax please fill in the appropriate application at

If you want to provide us with evidence, documentation or photos to support any outstanding query, please go to and have your account reference ready.

Otherwise there are a number of ways you can contact us if you have any questions about council tax or about your individual account.  When you contact us please quote your reference number and the property address concerned.


Fill in our online enquiry form which will enable you to give us the relevant information so we can respond to your query.

By Phone


We are changing the way we provide our services. From 10 April 2019 you will no longer be able to contact us by phone on a Wednesday. If you need to ask about Council Tax, Housing Benefits, Blue Badges, Business Rates or Sundry Debt you will need to go online to contact us, make a claim or check your account or benefit entitlement


If you need to phone us our lines will be open:

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8am to 6pm and Friday from 8am to 4.30pm, your contact department for phoning us is "council tax".

By letter to

Revenues Department
Civic Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne

Page last updated: 
25 March 2019
Was this page useful?