Keeping children safe

Anyone who is worried about a child living in Newcastle can call our children's social care services. We get calls from parents, relatives, friends and neighbours, and people like teachers, health visitors and doctors. The law says we must find out if children need our help to keep them safe.  

Making an enquiry

If you wish to make an enquiry, or you are concerned about a child's safety please contact the Initial Response Service. For emergencies that occur outside of normal office hours contact the Emergency Duty Team.

Information for parents and carers about child protection

It is important that you know what will happen if we are told your child needs help to stay safe. These pages tell you about our child protection procedures.

What happens if someone is worried about my child
Child protection procedures (external website)
What is a child protection conference?
Child protection plans
Emergency child protection orders

Comments, complaints and compliments about children's social care

We really like to get feedback on our service. If you have any comments, suggestions or compliments, we'd like to hear from you. You can leave feedback via the Complaints about children's social care services webpage.


Are you looking for child protection or safeguarding training?  Visit the NSCB website for further information.

Page last updated: 
23 March 2018
Was this page useful?