Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
Leader and cabinet
The Cabinet comprises the Leader and eight other Councillors. It is the part of the Council which is responsible for most strategic decisions.
Decisions are either made by the Cabinet, a committee of the Cabinet, individual members of the Cabinet or officers under powers delegated by the Cabinet.
When major decisions are to be discussed or made, these are published in the Cabinet's forward plan. The Cabinet has to make decisions which are in line with the Council's overall policies and budget. If it wishes to make a decision which is outside the budget or policy framework, this must be referred to the Council as a whole to decide.
Cabinet meetings are open to the public except where personal or confidential matters are being discussed.
see also | Meetings, Agendas and Minutes
To get in touch with the Leader or Deputy leader of the council then please contact Gemma Finney, Phone: 0191 211 5151 or email: email@example.com.
For the following Councillors please contact Lynn Bryden on 0191 277 7101 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councillor Ged Bell - Cabinet member for Employment
- Councillor Karen Kilgour - Cabinet member for Health and Social Care
- Councillor Nora Casey - Cabinet member for Education and Skills
- Councillor Habib Rahman - Cabinet member for Communities
For the following Councillors please contact Denise Snaith on 0191 211 5154 or email: email@example.com
- Councillor Kim McGuinness - Cabinet member for Culture, Sport and Public Health
- Councillor Nick Kemp - Cabinet member for Environment
- Councillor Arlene Ainsley - Cabinet member for Transport and Air Quality
- Councillor Veronica Dunn - Cabinet member for Resources