Leader and cabinet
Cabinet comprises the Leader and Deputy Leader and eight other Councillors. It is the part of the Council, which is responsible for most strategic decisions.
Decisions are either made by Cabinet, a committee of the Cabinet, individual members of the Cabinet or officers under powers delegated by Cabinet.
When major decisions are to be discussed or made, these are published in the Cabinet's forward plan (28 Day Notice). Cabinet has to make decisions, which are in line with the Council's overall policies and budget. If it wishes to make a decision, which is outside the budget or policy framework, this must be referred to the Council as a whole to decide.
Cabinet meetings are open to the public, except where personal or confidential matters are being discussed.
For the following Councillors, please contact Phil Mann on Tel: 0191 277 7101 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councillor Ged Bell - Cabinet member for Employment and Culture
- Councillor Karen Kilgour - Cabinet member for Health and Social Care
- Councillor Linda Hobson - Cabinet member for Housing
- Councillor Clare Penny-Evans - Cabinet member for Climate Change and Communities
- Councillor John-Paul Stephenson - Cabinet member for Environment and Regulatory Services
- Councillor Irim Ali - Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Public Health
- Councillor Arlene Ainsley - Cabinet member for Transport and Air Quality
- Councillor Paula Holland - Cabinet Member for Education and Skills
Pages in this area
- Cabinet member for Communities
- Cabinet member for Education and Skills
- Cabinet member for Employment and Culture
- Cabinet member for Health and Social Care
- Cabinet member for Housing
- Cabinet member for Neighbourhoods and Public Health
- Cabinet member for Transport and Air Quality
- Cabinet member for the Environment and Regulatory Services
- Deputy leader of the council
- Leader of the council