Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
Leader and cabinet
Cabinet comprises the Leader and Deputy Leader and eight other Councillors. It is the part of the Council, which is responsible for most strategic decisions.
Decisions are either made by Cabinet, a committee of the Cabinet, individual members of the Cabinet or officers under powers delegated by Cabinet.
When major decisions are to be discussed or made, these are published in the Cabinet's forward plan (28 Day Notice). Cabinet has to make decisions, which are in line with the Council's overall policies and budget. If it wishes to make a decision, which is outside the budget or policy framework, this must be referred to the Council as a whole to decide.
Cabinet meetings are open to the public, except where personal or confidential matters are being discussed.
- Councillor Ged Bell - Cabinet member for Employment and Investment
- Councillor Karen Kilgour - Cabinet member for Health and Social Care
- Councillor Linda Hobson - Cabinet member for Housing
- Councillor Clare Penny-Evans - Cabinet member for Communities
For the following Councillors, please contact Denise Snaith on 0191 211 5154 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pages in this area
- Cabinet member for Communities
- Cabinet member for Culture, Sport and Public Health
- Cabinet member for Education and Skills
- Cabinet member for Employment and Investment
- Cabinet member for Health and Social Care
- Cabinet member for Housing
- Cabinet member for Transport and Air Quality
- Cabinet member for the Environment and Climate Change
- Deputy leader of the council
- Leader of the council