If you are a landlord who owns and maintains properties within parking permit schemes and need to visit the properties during the hours of enforcement, you have the option of using a visitor permit provided by a tenant or short-term scratch cards to provide exemption from the parking restrictions. These permits are valid for the duration of your visit to the property.
You can now also apply for an annual permit that provides exemption for all permit schemes across the city, so this may be convenient if you are managing and maintaining properties across a number of permit zones. Letting agents can also apply for this permit type.
Landlord Annual Permits cost £300.00, which is payable in one lump sum.
How to apply
The Customer Service Centres will no longer process applications and requests for parking permits in person, including scratch card permits. New applications for any Landlord permits should be submitted by post. Please allow 14 days for your application to be processed.
- Apply online (online form) - we will assess your application and respond by email.
- Complete Application Form (pdf, 346kb);
- Provide proof of ownership of at least 1 property within permit parking schemes. This could include:
- a tenancy agreement to confirm you are the landlord of the property;
- a mortgage statement;
- deeds; or
- a land registry document;
- If the tenancy arrangement is informal please contact Parking Services on 0191 2772728 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation and suitable evidence to support your application;
- Letting agents managing properties on behalf of a landlord can provide proof in the form of a contract for property management or a tenancy agreement(s).
Information regarding how your personal data may be collected, processed, shared and retained following your application for a permit can be found here.
What do I do if I lose my permit or it is stolen?
We require written notification from the permit holder that the permit has been lost or stolen, together with payment of an administrative charge of £10. Please send your notification to email@example.com quoting “lost permit” in the subject line and including your name, full address and telephone number so that we may contact you to take payment for the administration charge.
Is there a limit to how many annual landlord permits I can apply for?
There is a limit of 2 landlord permits per landlord/letting agent. This ensures that priority is given to residents in areas of high demand for limited parking space and reflects that landlords can also use a visitor permit or scratch card.
What are the Terms and Conditions of use?
Information on using the permit correctly can be found on the reverse of the permit and also on the application form. The permit cannot be used unless the landlord is visiting the property that they own or manage within a permit scheme. Using the permit for other purposes is classed as misuse and can result in the issue of Penalty Charge Notices and the revocation of the permit.
What happens if I need to surrender the permit before expiry?
If the permit is returned to Newcastle Parking Services within 14 days of issue, a full refund will be processed.