Last year we gathered information on issues and where people felt improvements could be made in the area on and around Kingston Park Road to the west of the A1.
What residents told us
- high levels of traffic on Kingston Park Road West.
- difficulty leaving Greenside estate due to queuing traffic
- rat-running through Windsor Way
- concern over rising levels of congestions due to traffic from planned housing developments in the area
What we are proposing
- widen Kingston Park Road west of the A1 to improve access to and from the A1 roundabout
- improve road safety and walking and cycling facilities along Windsor Way
- an upgraded cycling and walking route along Fawdon Walk
- walking and cycling facilities will not be installed along Kingston Park Road to protect the trees
- the improvements will tie-in with Spine Road on Newcastle Great Park
How we will pay for this
We will use Section 106 funding which is money from developers to pay for new infrastructure when new homes are planned for an area. Click here for a map of developments planned for the local area.
Come to our drop-in sessions
- Monday 22 October at the Kingston Park Community Centre between 3 -7pm
- Tuesday 23 October at the Great Park Community Centre in the social café area between 4 - 8pm
- Wednesday 24 October at the Kingston Park Rugby Club in the 1877 bar between 4 - 8pm.
The proposals will be on display during these sessions and there will be staff available to answer queries.
You can also email us at email@example.com