There are a number of changes we can make to pavements in Newcastle, to make them more accessible.  

Dropped kerbs

We can install dropped kerbs on the edge of the pavement. These are at appropriate crossing points to allow access for wheelchair users and those pushing prams or pushchairs to cross the road.

Apply online

Apply for a dropped kerb
We will contact you to discuss whether it is possible.

Crossover or motor crossing

These allow vehicle access over the pavement onto a business or residential property. They are usually called crossovers, but can also be referred to as a motor crossing. There is a charge for this service. Planning permission may be necessary in some locations.

Apply online

Other ways to apply

Visit our Envirocall page to find out other the ways to apply.

Pay online

Page last updated: 
8 April 2015
Was this page useful?