The Newcastle Fund
The Newcastle Fund
The Newcastle Fund is the Council’s primary grant giving programme for VCS organisations
The Fund was introduced in 2011 and replaced a number of different grant aid programmes across the Council. It provides monies to voluntary and community sector organisations based in the City for project-specific running costs or core costs.
Small Grants Fund
Deadline 24th February 17:00hrs
The Small Grants Fund is now closed to applicants. Those who have applied will receive direct contract from the Newcastle Fund Team during April.
About the Newcastle Fund
The Newcastle Fund is now closed to applications.
The Newcastle Fund aims to support residents to build sustainable community resources. To do this, it grants financial support to VCSE organisations to pilot, expand or diversify important community activity. The Council recognises that active citizens are at the heart of community activity and so The Newcastle Fund supports projects which use the skills, local knowledge and expertise of people as assets to design solutions which:
- build community resilience
- improve individuals' resilience
- improve wellbeing and health
More than ever, we are aware of the increased pressures on the voluntary and community sector as a result of the pandemic and cost of living, therefore, we would like to emphasise that the Fund will continue to invite funding requests for organisational core costs to support you through this period.
By supporting projects which harness the power of community assets, the Fund can respond to the unique needs of communities and empower residents to achieve lasting change.
You can find out more about the aims and priorities of the Fund in The Newcastle Fund Round 13 Prospectus.
VCSE organisations can apply for up to a maximum of £50,000.
The Newcastle Fund is available to constituted VCS organisations, registered charities and social enterprises. Funded activity must take place in Newcastle and benefit Newcastle residents.
Please note the Newcastle Fund will NOT support:
- organisations that are not constituted voluntary and community organisations, registered charities, or social enterprises
- activity outside the Newcastle City Council area or activity which targets beneficiaries who are not Newcastle residents
- costs or activities outside of the period of award
- costs associated with submitting an application
- organisations which do not have an organisational bank account
For more information on The Newcastle Fund and how to make an application, read the Round 13 guidance notes.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online.
Ward Committee Grant Aid
In addition to the Newcastle Fund, the Council devolves funding for neighbourhood level projects to our ward committees, where decisions on funding are taken by elected Councillors. Small projects which are focused on specific neighbourhoods should consider an application to the relevant ward committee, rather than to the Newcastle Fund. Further information can be found on the Grants and Funding web page.
Feedback and contact
We are committed to regularly evaluating our Newcastle Fund process to make sure it is effective. If you have any comments about the process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general enquires about applying to the Newcastle Fund, contact us at email@example.com.
Did you know?
Round 13 awards in figures:
- 68 applications received
- Over £2.2m of funding requested
- 27% of applications supported more than 500 beneficiaries in a year
- 17 awards were made
- 42% of awards have less than 10 staff
- 58% of awards are Female-Led organisations
- 5% of awards are Disabled-Let organisations
- 10% of awards are Ethnic Minority-Led organisation
Need more information?
Find out more about awards and applications here:
- Round 13 successful applications
- Round 13 all applications
- Round 12 successful applications
- Round 12 all applications
- Round 11 successful applications
- Round 11 all applications
- Round 10 successful applications
- Round 10 all applications
- Round 9 successful applications
- Round 9 all applications
- Round 8 successful applications
- Round 8 all applications
- Round 7 successful applications
- Round 7 all applications
- Round 6 successful applications
- Round 5 successful applications
- Round 4 successful applications
- Round 3 successful applications
- Round 2 successful applications
- Round 1 successful applications
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.