Change in circumstances

Change in circumstances

Council Tax Support - change in circumstances

It is very important that you tell us about any changes in your circumstances within 21 days of the change.

If you get Universal Credit you must inform the Department for Work and Pensions of your change in circumstances.

Changes you must tell us about;

  • you or anyone living with you gets a job (no matter how many hours they work), changes their job or leaves their job
  • you or anyone living with you receives any pension
  • any of your children leave school or leave home
  • anyone moves into or out of your home (including lodgers and sub-tenants)
  • your income (including benefits) or the income of anyone living with you changes
  • your capital, savings or investments change
  • you or anyone living with you becomes a student, goes on a training scheme, or goes into hospital, nursing home or prison
  • you move address
  • you or your partner are going to be away from home for more than a month
  • anyone in your household dies
  • you receive any decision from the Home Office
  • or anything you have already told us about changes

You must tell us about any changes. Do not rely on someone else to pass the message on.

Council Tax Support - Change to circumstances

Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?