Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
Student Discount and Exemption
Who could get a discount or exemption?
You can get a discount or be exempt if:
If you live in student halls provided by your university or college, you don't need to apply.
Only one application is needed for the household
If you have been asked to provide your student certificate or further proof upload it here
How to apply
Before you start the application.
You will need:
- address and postcode of the property
- names of all adults over 18 living at the property
- date each person moved in
- student number for each student, their course start and end date
- a copy of each students certificate to upload (photos are acceptable), if you don't have this yet you can upload this at a later date
Who is a full-time student?
If you're over 20 years old, then your course(s) must:
- last at least a year (calendar or academic), and for at least 24 weeks within that
- involve at least 21 hours study (may include tuition or work experience) a week
- be at a recognised educational establishment
If you're under 20, then your course(s) must:
- last at least 3 months
- involve at least 12 hours study per week
We are unable to award an exemption or discount if you live in a household with two or more non-students or part time students.