Broadwood Primary School, Broadwood Road, Denton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne NE15 7TB
Assistant Head Teacher
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£43,251 - £47,735 per annum
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Broadwood Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: 0191 2741684
The Assistant Head Teacher is to take a central role in assisting the Head
Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher and Governing Body to develop Broadwood
Primary School in accordance with its shared values and our school
The Assistant Head Teacher is to be:
• A primary teacher with experience across the primary age range.
• An experienced curriculum and team leader.
• A leader of teaching and learning and a key person in the senior
The functions and specific responsibilities below are to be undertaken in
conjunction with the duties of an Assistant Head Teacher as defined in the
Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
Required for January 2022
We are seeking to appoint an experienced leader to fill an exciting and important new role, who has a passion and the ability to lead mathematics successfully across school; from early years to year 6.
Broadwood Primary school is a school going from strength to strength - a school which is on an exciting journey, and this is a fantastic opportunity for somebody to be part of our leadership team, supporting change and driving school improvement.
This post is to start in January 2022 and will have teaching responsibilities (0.8), initially in Year 2.
We have an extremely welcoming, caring and positive ethos where we put children at the heart of all of our decision making.
We aim to provide every child in our care with a unique educational experience, developing their skills, knowledge, understanding and talents, whilst instilling within our children the core values of respect, acceptance, happiness and a lifelong love of learning.
We are looking for an Assistant Headteacher who:
• Will lead mathematics across our school ensuring our children become confident and able mathematicians and also drive school priorities alongside our senior leadership team.
• Will drive school priorities alongside our senior leadership team.
• Is a forward-thinking person and always places children at the heart of their decisions, and is not afraid to take risks.
• Is a committed and experienced teacher who has high expectations of themselves, others and all of our children.
What we can offer you:
• A warm, friendly and supportive team in which you will be allowed to thrive and develop in this exciting new role.
• Fantastic children who will brighten up your day and make you laugh.
• A school that is on an exciting journey where we always place children at the heart of every decision we make.
• Opportunities for your professional development.
Broadwood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful applicant will depend upon receipt of an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and a range of other recruitment checks.
Pre-application visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office on 0191 274 1684.
Opening date: Thursday 7th October 2021
Closing date: Friday 15th October 2021 (9am)
Shortlisting: Friday 15th October 2021
Selection process: Tuesday 19th and Thursday 21st October 2021
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage.
15 October 2021