Operations and Regulatory Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
Cleaner (Jesmond Park Academy)
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£12,788 per annum (Inclusive of Real Living Wage)*
*This post attracts the Real Living Wage supplement. In addition to the hourly rate, this post will receive the Real Living Wage supplement to bring the hourly rate up to a minimum of £10.90 per hour.
Jesmond Park Academy (Based in High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne)
Facility Services and Civic Management work across the city and Gateshead providing building cleaning, caretaking, school meals and welfare catering services.
We have a large team of cleaners, cleaner supervisors, facility supervisors (caretakers), catering assistants, assistant chef’s and chef’s working various hours and shifts in schools and public buildings.
Our service is committed to delivering a high standard of service to our customers and in doing so investing in our staff and staff development.
What we offer:
• Competitive hourly rates of pay
• Up to 28 days annual leave per annum (pro rata for part time staff) increasing to 29 days from April 2023.
• Paid DBS as well as paid induction and training
• Full uniform and equipment provided at no cost to you
• Full training and opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice car lease and home electronics scheme.
• Weekend, bank holiday and unsociable hours pay enhancement
• Full employee support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Staff offers and discounts including discounts on travel passes and leisure.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for reliable and friendly people with a positive attitude to join our team as a Cleaner at Jesmond Park Academy.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has well developed interpersonal skills and is capable of dealing effectively with staff
• Has a flexible approach to work, hours and locations
• Is capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting and carrying.
• Is a team player but able to use your own initiative
• Can have good relationships with others
• Is self-motivated and able to work to fixed deadlines
• Is customer focused
• Can deliver to required standards
• Is suitable to work with children and young people
• Is able to undertake written and spoken instructions and speak English.
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form. Before completing the form please ensure you read the supporting documents.
If you would like to discuss this post please call Richard Geddes on 0191 2771947.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
7 February 2023
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.