Newcastle Upon Tyne
£21,575 - £22,777 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to join our award-winning team in Parking Services. We are constantly working to support the city to be vibrant and welcoming to everyone by ensuring that parking is readily available, easy to access and the road network is kept as free flowing as possible.
What you’ll be doing:
• Enforcing parking restrictions and managing parking facilities
• To record and report ticket machine faults
• To record and report defective regulatory signs, lines other parking equipment.
• Provide and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
What we’re looking for: •
• Experience of dealing effectively with demanding members of the public
• Experience of dealing with difficult situations
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Good numeracy and literacy skills
• Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day, in all weathers and on all terrains
• Clean driving licence
• Suitability to work with client group
• DBS check - no adverse criminal convictions
What’s in it for you?
• A competitive basic Salary
• Full-time 4 day week (9 and a quarter hour shifts)
• The opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to join the LGPS scheme
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice home electronics scheme.
• Weekend and bank holiday pay enhancement
• Preferential access to job opportunities internally prior to them being advertised externally
• Full support package including access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Full training provided including a course on how to handle difficult situations
• Full uniform allocation with a suite of options including a comprehensive footwear selection
• Countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to support you and help you to achieve your best
Becoming a Civil Enforcement Officer:
Our Civil Enforcement Officers patrol the streets, red routes, and public car parks of Newcastle upon Tyne. Your primary role will be to encourage considerate parking by taking appropriate action against illegally parked vehicles so that other drivers can go about their daily business with minimum disruption.
Your key goals are to keep traffic flowing and to make sure that everybody who drives in Newcastle upon Tyne has an equal and fair opportunity to park and go about their daily business.
This post is subject to a standard DBS disclosure to determine if successful candidates are suitable for the post.
Experience of working in a parking enforcement environment would be advantageous.
The successful applicants need to be able to work 9 and a quarter hours each shift, including on some weekends as the rota is working 4 days over 7.
7 February 2023
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.