Operations and Regulatory Services
Newcastle upon Tyne
Environmental Health Officer (5 posts)
£34,373 - £38,553 per annum (Pay award pending)
Environmental Health Officer - Housing Enforcement
Public Protection & Neighbourhoods Team
We are seeking to appoint several enthusiastic, self-motivated Environmental Health Officers with the necessary training and experience to work in our Public Protection & Neighbourhoods Team.
This is an exciting time to join the team as we deliver new Additional and Selective licensing schemes which have been introduced over the last 2 years. We are constantly working to support residents of the city, ensuring everyone has a safe and well-maintained home.
What you will be doing:
• Supporting landlords and tenants of licensable properties.
• The investigation of complaints relating to
o property disrepair,
o noise and anti-social behaviour
o public health nuisances
• Taking informal and formal enforcement action including prosecutions, civil penalties, work in default and management orders
• Using intelligence to target landlord and letting agents of concern
• The regulation of private rented properties subject to HMO and Selective Licensing.
What is in it for you?
• A competitive basic Salary
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
• Flexible hours through the Council Flexi Scheme
• The opportunity to buy extra leave
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice home electronics and car lease scheme scheme.
• Opportunities for additional hours and overtime
• Preferential access to job opportunities internally prior to them being advertised externally
• Full support package including access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• Opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career. Our purpose is to support you and help you to achieve your best
What we are looking for
• A Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health with full registration with the CIEH Environmental Health Registration Board is essential
• A good understanding of the regulatory framework, guidance, and good practice in relation to the Housing Act and the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
• A knowledge of current and emerging private sector housing related legislation and the technical aspects of enforcement.
• An ability to work alone or as part of a team
• An ability to dealing effectively with members of the public including tenants, landlords and managing agents
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required with proven ability to deliver services.
• An ability to organise and manage your workload to meet team objectives.
You will be based at home and provided with a laptop and other essential equipment. There will be opportunities to work from the civic and to meet colleagues on a regular basis.
For an informal discussion please contact Gwen Smith, Team Manager, Public Protection and Neighbourhoods, 0191 2771456, email@example.com
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CVs.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
3 July 2022