St John Vianney Catholic Primary School, Hillhead Road, West Denton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE5 1DN.
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
L11 – L24a: £52,643 - £71,590 per annum, depending on relevant experience.
DIOCESE OF HEXHAM AND NEWCASTLE
St John Vianney Catholic Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for January 2021.
The Governors of St John Vianney Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, ambitious and highly effective Head teacher.
Expectations of our Headteacher:
• Hold and articulate clear values and moral purpose, which take account of the educational mission of the Church focused on providing a world-class education for the pupils they serve.
• Demand ambitious standards for all pupils, overcoming disadvantage and advancing equality, instilling a strong sense of accountability in staff for the impact of their work on pupils’ outcomes that reflect the distinctive characteristics of Catholic education.
• Ensure that the school’s systems, organisation and processes are well considered, efficient and fit for purpose, upholding the principles of transparency, integrity and probity reflecting the school’s Gospel values.
• Model entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to school improvement, leadership and governance, confident of the vital contribution of internal and external accountability.
In return we can offer:
• A strong Catholic ethos.
• A fully inclusive environment with talented, confident and happy children.
• A passionate and dedicated team of staff committed to achieving outstanding outcomes for all pupils.
• A supportive, loyal and committed Leadership Team and Governing Body with a clear vision.
• A commitment to your continued professional development.
The Governing Board and Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults ensuring that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually to inform them of their date(s) and time(s) for interview.
Opportunity to visit school - W/C 31 August.
Please email Lisa McDine to arrange
Closing date for applications: - Friday 4 September 12 noon
Shortlisting: Wednesday 9 September 2020
Interviews: W/C 21 September 2020
Application pack and further details are available from and returnable to:
• email@example.com - via email
• Lisa McDine - School Business Manager, St John Vianney School by forwarding a large stamped addressed envelope c/o the address as above - via post
• To download from the school website: www.stjohnvianney.newcastle.sch.uk
Please note applications via e-mail will require a real signature on the day of interview.
4 September 2020