Newcastle Upon Tyne
Health and Social Care Coordinator
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£30,095 - £33,486 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for motivated, hardworking and flexible individuals to join our Community Rehabilitation team at Connie Lewcock Resource Centre, as Health and Social Coordinator. This is a great time to join our team as we continue integration with the health sector and look to equip our services with new digital capabilities to further develop how we deliver care to adults within Newcastle.
Connie Lewcock is a bed-based rehabilitation centre in the west of the city. It provides support for up to 20 people recovering after a hospital admission or community admissions preventing hospital stays.
This post involve providing supervision and shift coordination while son shift and being responsible for the Health and Safety of the adult and staff. our care and support services which work with some of the most vulnerable adults in the city. We are looking for applicants with a flexible approach who are committed to making a real difference to people’s lives.
Our staff work closely with health colleagues and must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to promoting independence, health, wellbeing, and choice to those who use our services. The post requires the right person to have excellent communication skills as they are going to be part of multi-disciplinary and need to coordinate the recovery of individuals.
To enable adults to regain they independence by attending therapy sessions such as exercise groups, (Individual and group), gardening, therapy dog sessions from Wag & Company, kitchen practice/meal preparation and home visits.
Being able to work shifts and weekends is essential for the posts and will attract an all-inclusive enhancement.
• Health and Social Care Coordinator, 37 hours per week - Rehabilitation Service Connie Lewcock Resource Centre
• 37 hours per week shift work, including weekend working (See attached rota pattern
• Annual salary £30095.00 to 33486.00 with an annual all-inclusive enhancement of 15% of the annual wage.
In addition, you will receive:
• A dedicated 5-day induction includes shadowing an experienced worker along with the undertaking the Recognised Care Certificate, as well as shadowing and experienced worker along with undertaking the recognised Care Certificate, regular supervision, and comprehensive training.
• Generous annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
• Access to Health Assured, Mindfulness sessions and other wellbeing initiatives.
• Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
• Access to a number of schemes including NHS vehicle leasing, Bike to Work scheme, home electronics and Annual Travel Tickets.
• Uniform allocation.
• Access to the NHS benefits scheme.
As this post involves working with children, vulnerable adults or dealing with sensitive information, written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers before the final selection stage, even if you indicate otherwise.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment checks.
Any additional information can be obtained by ringing Paul Cooke, 0191 2773699.
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
6 October 2022