St Bede's Catholic Primary School, Ridge Terrace, Bedlington, Northumberland, NE22 6EQ
Support Assistant - Special Needs
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
Full time - term time
£21,575 - £22,777 per annum pro rata, actual £15,890 - £16,775 per annum
St Bede's (Bedlington) Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
St Bede's Catholic Primary School
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Support Assistant - Special Needs who is passionate about primary education and would like to work in a vibrant and forward-thinking school and who will make a significant contribution to the life of the school.
The successful post-holder will work alongside an excellent team within our Nursery setting to support the planning, observation and extension of one to one support with a SEN child. This role is fixed term only until the 31st July 2023.
We can offer:
• lively and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
• extensive support and opportunities for professional development in a range of area
• access to experienced staff who can support your ongoing development
• being a part of Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust
We are seeking to appoint a Support Assistant - Special Needs who:
• Can uphold the Catholic Ethos of the school
• Can demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and can model effective methodology and practice in order to support and inspire pupils’ learning
• Is able to utilise technology effectively to help further pupils’ learning and to support primary curriculum delivery
• Is committed to promoting high standards of care and education
• Can maintain confidentiality and discretion and has a good understanding of safeguarding procedures
• Is conscientious and demonstrates a commitment to their professional development.
Application forms and all relevant documentation can be downloaded from our school website under vacancies www.st-bedes.northumberland.sch.uk or you can also request applications forms via sending an email to email@example.com
The Governing Body of Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other recruitment checks.
Application forms can be emailed to the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org or handed into the school for the attention of Mrs Therese Worrall, Headteacher.
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office. On 01670 822389.
The position will be offered subject to suitable references and checks.
Closing date: Friday 10th February 2023 and interviews to be arranged thereafter
10 February 2023
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.