Callerton Academy, Blandford Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3BT
Teacher of Maths
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
£28,000 - £38,810 per annum depending on relevant teaching experience
This school has Academy status and is part of The Gosforth Group; the employer will be the Multi Academy Trust.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required for September 2023
Come to work in a thriving and exciting community. Callerton Academy is a growing secondary school committed to providing the very best education for pupils from Year 7 to Year 11. Based in our excellent temporary site, formerly a school building which has been reconfigured in Newcastle’s Graingertown, we have access to a range of brilliant facilities. We will move to our brand-new site which will have capacity for 1200 students in 2025; this is located to the northwest of the city - close to Westerhope, Kingston Park and Newcastle International Airport.
We are one of two new schools within Gosforth Group Multi Academy Trust and will be welcoming our third cohort of students when the position starts meaning that we will have Years 7, 8 and 9. The post offers a fantastic opportunity for an energetic teacher with excellent skills and subject knowledge to work and develop within a positive and supportive environment.
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who loves their subject and is passionate, proactive and innovative. We are developing a strong team of practitioners at Callerton Academy who are able to be versatile and are keen to be involved in many and varied aspects of school life; particularly during the coming years while the school is growing in size. You will be an important part of our growing school and will be a consummate professional, practical and ‘hands-on’. We regard this as an important post in order to further strengthen our already excellent maths department.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for maths
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
• The ability to work effectively within a supportive team environment
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities and from all backgrounds
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• An interest and commitment to the whole school community
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly skilled professionals in school and across the MAT
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A school with its community at heart
• A programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities
• A school with a strong focus on reading and embedding this across the curriculum
• Opportunities for future career progression in a growing school and Trust.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
We hope you’ll visit our website to find out more about us.
You are welcome to visit the school to speak to the Leader of Teaching and Learning in Maths at Callerton Academy. These are available at the following times: 24/01 and 26/01 in the afternoon.
Email Miss Lockhart, PA to the Principal at Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Please note that there is not an expectation for you to visit the school before application.
Please refer to the application form to apply on our website.
Closing date for applications:
9am on the Monday 6th February
Week commencing 13th February
6 February 2023
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.