St Bede's Catholic Primary School, Ridge Terrace, Bedlington, Northumberland NE22 6EQ.
Teaching Assistant, Level 1
THIS IS A CATEGORY "E" POST.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise
N2: £18,198 per annum, pro rata. (Actual: £15,234 per annum).
St Bede's (Bedlington) Catholic Primary School is part of the Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and you will not be an employee of Newcastle City Council.
St Bede's Catholic Primary School
37 hours per week.
Required for September 2021.
*This post attracts the Newcastle Living Wage supplement. In addition to the hourly rate, this post will receive the Newcastle Living Wage supplement to bring the hourly rate up to a minimum of £9.50 an hour.*
The Local Governing governing body is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistant who will make a significant contribution to the life of the school, following and promoting the Catholic ethos.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who:
• can uphold the Catholic Ethos of the school
• can demonstrate excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and can model effective methodology and practice in order to support and inspire pupils’ learning
• is able to utilise technology effectively to help further pupils’ learning and to support primary curriculum delivery
• is committed to promoting high standards of care and education
• can maintain confidentiality and discretion and has a good understanding of safeguarding procedures
• is conscientious and demonstrates a commitment to their professional development.
We are really looking to appoint someone who is passionate about primary education and would like to work in a vibrant and forward-thinking school setting. The post-holder will work alongside a passionate team to support the planning, observation and extension of children's learning.
We can offer:
• lively and enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• friendly and supportive staff, parents and governors
• extensive support and opportunities for professional development in a range of areas
• access to experienced staff who can support your ongoing development throughout the apprenticeship programme
• being a part of Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust
Entry requirements include:
• GCSE or other level 2 qualification in English and mathematics
Application packs can be downloaded from our school website.
Application forms and all relevant documentation can be downloaded from our school website under vacancies: www.st-bedes.northumberland.sch.uk
The Governing Committee, Bishop Bewick Catholic Education Trust and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other recruitment checks.
Application forms can be emailed to the school office at email@example.com or handed into the school for the attention of Mrs. Therese Worrall, Headteacher. Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
The position will be offered subject to suitable references and checks.
Closing date for applications is Monday 21 June and interviews to be arranged thereafter.
21 June 2021