High Heaton Library
Newcastle upon Tyne
|Tuesday||9.30am to 5pm|
|Thursday||9.30am to 5pm|
|Saturday||10am to 1pm|
The public computers are automatically turned off 15 minutes before closing time. On week days when this library is closed, the nearest one is City Library and East End Library and Community Hub is open on a Monday and Friday when High Heaton is closed. None of Newcastle's libraries open on a Sunday.
Save time, do it online
Access to High Heaton Library is on ground floor level with automatic doors. We have a freephone to other council services, Wi-Fi access, two public toilets (one with disabled access) and a hot drinks vending machine.
Limited parking is available on local streets near the building. Check the signage for the length of time you can park. There are designated disabled parking bays directly outside of the building for use by Blue Badge holders. There are nearby bus stops on Newton Road for travelling in both directions and we have cycle racks outside of the library.
Full accessibility information for High Heaton Library can be found on AccessAble's website.
This library is autism-friendly, please see our user guide (pdf, 1.91mb). All our public PCs have access to large print text for visually impaired users and we have a hearing loop to assist in communicating with hearing impaired people.
- Books and newspapers
- Free computer, internet and Wi-Fi access
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- Children's crafts and events when arranged are bookable at www.newcastle.gov.uk/libraryevents
- Regular events as arranged by the Friends of High Heaton Library
- Choose-day craft club Tuesday 1-3pm
- Storytime Thursday 11am (term time only)
- Minibus visit first Thursday in the month 12.30-2pm