The Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board is chaired by:
Vida Morris, Group Nurse Director South Locality Group, Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
The agencies represented on the Board are:
- Advocacy Centre North (representing the community and voluntary sector)
- Changing Lives (representing the community and voluntary sector)
- National Probation Service, North of Tyne
- Newcastle City Council
- NHS Newcastle and Gateshead CCG
- Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Police
- Northumbria Community Rehabilitation Company
- The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
- Your Homes Newcastle
- Newcastle Safeguarding Children Board
- Chair of Improving Practice Sub Committee
- Chair of Learning and Development Committee
The Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board's vision is to ensure that "Newcastle is an increasingly safer city for adults at risk of abuse and neglect". The Board have produced a document that explains their vision and priorities and a strategic annual plan which explains how our vision will be achieved over the next year:
- Vision and Priorities 2016-2018 (pdf, 640kb)
The strategic annual plan will be updated as actions are completed.
We work together to ensure that adults in Newcastle are safeguarded and protected. The Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board produce multi-agency policy and procedures which explain what should happen if an adult at risk has been the victim of abuse or neglect.
The Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board has a Partnership Agreement (pdf 366kb) that reflects the shared responsibility and high priority afforded to safeguarding adults in Newcastle.
The Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board also has an Information Sharing Agreement (pdf 385kb) in place. This is to ensure that information is shared safely, securely and appropriately for the purposes of safeguarding adults at risk.
Each year the Board publishes an annual report:
- Annual Report 2017-2018 (pdf 11.24MB)
- Annual Report 2016-2017 (pdf 5.4MB)
- Annual Report 2015-2016 (pdf 2MB)
- Annual Report 2014-2015 (pdf, 3MB)
Summary Minutes of the Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board
Below are copies of the summary minutes from the meetings of the most recent Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board meetings.
- Summary Minutes November 2017
- Summary Minutes January 2018 (no minutes, sign-off of Joint Serious Case Review)
- Summary Minutes March 2018
- Summary Minutes May 2018
- Summary Minutes July 2018
- Summary Minutes September 2018
The Board currently has four sub committees
Improving Practice Committee
- Working to further develop policies, procedures and guidelines in light of new research, legislation and practice developments.
- The group reviews good and bad practice in safeguarding adults work to help reduce the instances of adult abuse.
- The group supports agencies to work together.
The Learning and Development Committee
- Identifying the multi-agency learning and development needs of the organisations in Newcastle.
- Produces a learning and development strategy and associated programme which supports all staff, volunteers and agencies in following the multi-agency policy and procedures.
- To find out more about our Learning and Development click here.
Safeguarding Adults Review Committee
- Considers any request for a Safeguarding Adults Review and makes recommendations to the Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board.
- Advises the Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board on processes, procedures and outcomes in relation to conducting a Safeguarding Adults Review under the Board's Safeguarding Adults Review procedures.
M-SET (Missing/Sexually Exploitation and Trafficking Group)
- A sub-group of both the Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board and the Newcastle Safeguarding Children Board.
- Implements and monitors Newcastle's Joint Sexual Exploitation Strategy (pdf, 149kb) and Sexual Exploitation Communication Strategy (pdf, 155kb).
Return to the safeguarding adults homepage.