Local elections 2019
On 2 May 2019 there will be local elections in Newcastle upon Tyne to elect 26 councillors. Find out more about Local Elections 2019.
North of Tyne Combined Authority Mayoral Election
For more information including election notices visit https://www.northoftyne-ca.gov.uk/north-of-tyne-mayor-election.
European Parliamentary Election
For the notice of election and more information visit the European Parliamentary Election page.
Community Governance Reviews
What are Community governance reviews?
Community Governance Reviews provide the opportunity for principal councils to review and make changes to community governance in their areas - essentially the creation of or changes to parish and town councils. Reviews can be triggered by:
- principal councils as a result of changes in housing, population or development;
- at the request of parish councils; or
- as a result of a public petition.
A Community Governance Review is a legal process whereby the Council will consult with those living in the area, and other interested parties, on the most suitable ways of representing the people in the areas identified in the review. It can consider one or more of the following:
- creating, merging, altering or abolishing parishes and parish councils;
- the naming of parishes and the style of new parishes;
- the electoral arrangements for parishes (the ordinary year of election; council size, the number of councillors to be elected to the council, and parish warding), and
- grouping parishes under a common parish council or de-grouping parishes.
Woolsington Parish Council – Order setting out final boundary changes
Woolsington Parish - Final Recommendation – Woolsington Community Governance Review
Woolsington Parish - Community Governance Review Terms of Reference August 2018
Woolsington Parish - Map of Proposed Boundary Amendments August 2018