Young Traders Market
Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
5 June 2019| | 2 min read
Young Traders Market
Thinking about starting a business but worried about the costs involved?
If you are aged 16-30 you can be part of the Young Traders Market Programme.
Markets for young traders are being held all over the country, there’s an opportunity near you to test out your business idea. The costs and risks are low, but the rewards could be high, and it could be the start of a new business adventure!
The Young Traders Market programme involves a series of local and regional heats culminating in a national final. It’s a great environment to test your product, adapt your display and a chance to sell to a wider audience. Best of all it’s a competition! There will be a local heat 22 June 2019, followed by a regional heat on 27 July 2019 – both in Newcastle at the top of Grainger Street, a great city centre location for showcasing your products.
There are big prizes to be won for young traders who make it all the way.
You can find more information on the Young Traders Market programme website
General Information on the Newcastle local heat – 22 June 2019
Where stalls will be located
Grainger Street, near Grey’s Monument. The City Council will supply you with a single stall Approx.3.05m (10ft) by 1.22m (4ft) with canopies/ skirts/ sides/ backs/ boards.
When you can use the stall
• The stall can be used on 22 June 2019 10am to 5.30pm
• We have to licence you to use the stall at the event. The cost of the licence will be £30 per stall (£20 will be refunded after the event).
• If we accept your application, you will have to pay this amount and sign a licence agreement before you can use the stall.
• Please complete the attached application form.
• Please do not send any money with your application form
• You must have a minimum cover of £5,000,000 Public Liability Insurance. This can be provided if necessary, just let us know.
Other rules you must follow when using the stall:
• You are responsible for getting rid of your own rubbish. Power is not available.
• You are required by Trading Standards to display your trading name and prices clearly on your stall.
• You must obey all relevant laws regarding your activity e.g. food safety/hygiene.
• You are able to unload until 9.30am and load after 5.30pm. Please note that Nelson Street is closed to traffic between 10am and 5pm.
• You need to make your own arrangements for parking in the city centre. A map showing all the public car parks can be seen at www.newcastle.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-transport/parking. If you want more information or advice about parking in the city centre, please ring Parking Control on 0191 2772739.