Our children in care council
The Children in Care Council is run by and for young people in care and care leavers in Newcastle. They help us to listen to the views of children and young people and help make being in care better.
We have two groups in Newcastle Voices for Choices and the Care Leavers Group who:
- Help to develop our mission statement and child friendly mission statement
- Support consultations and questionnaires and respond on behalf of looked after children from across Newcastle
- Review and update our Pledge to Looked After Children
- Speak up for looked after children.
- Work hard to help improve the future for looked after children.
- Use their experiences to help the Council make important decisions and changes to services.
We want more looked after children to get involved and help us to give more young people a voice and support change. If you are interested in being involved telephone or text 07787 691 236, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask your social worker or personal adviser to contact the groups on your behalf.
Did you know?
Voices for Choices and the Care Leavers Group have:
- been part of interview panels for Council staff;
- consulted with councillors and MPs about services for young people;
- made DVDs and films
- advised central government about future regulations and policies.