New contact centre opening times

Contact Centre opening times will be changing from Monday 28 October, find out the revised opening hours.

Doing research with people who use and work in adult care and support services

We want to support research with people who use and work in our care and support services. This research gives us useful feedback on how we can improve and to provide good quality services.


How to arrange research with people who use and work in care and support services in Newcastle

You need to have your research plan approved by the Council before you can carry out independent research with people who use our adult care and support services. This group may also include carers and members of council staff.  The process for this is called our 'Research Governance Framework'.  


The Research Governance Framework

This framework is the process for checking that research involving people who use our care and support services in Newcastle (including carers and staff) respects the rights of people involved.  The Research Governance Framework ensures that:

  • people using our services, carers and staff are protected
  • standards are maintained by researchers
  • we can ensure public confidence
  • we can record and monitor studies that are being undertaken
  • we can be involved in decisions about how the research is carried out

How to apply for research

Apply online

Need more information?

Contact Research Governance Lead Officer People Directorate

Phone: 0191 277 2090


Is this page useful?
Is this page useful?