Newcastle Upon Tyne
£24,948 - £26,845 per annum
We have a vacancy for an experienced and enthusiastic Arborist to join our team.
The successful candidates will have experience of working in the Arboricultural Industry, including the operation of horticultural machinery and equipment.
The candidate will hold a full UK driving licence and hold the following chainsaw qualifications or equivalents:
• NPTC 201/202 (Formerly CS30 / CS31) maintenance & felling small trees.
• NPTC 203 (Formerly CS38) tree climbing and aerial rescue.
• NPTC 204 (Formerly CS39) using a chainsaw from rope and harness
A willingness to work flexible hours to deal with emergency call outs, including evenings, weekends and bank holidays is required
What’s in it for you?
• A competitive basic Salary
• 18.9% Employer Pension contribution
• Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Up to 28 days annual leave per annum
• Access to flexi scheme
• The opportunity to buy extra annual leave
• Cycle2work scheme
• Access to a salary sacrifice home electronics scheme.
• Weekend and bank holiday pay enhancement
• Full support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
• A range of staff offers and discounts
• Countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to support you and help you to achieve your best
1 x Fixed term position (12 month)
The candidate will be able to demonstrate their skills against the essential and desirable criteria within the person specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Peter Boulton Operations Manager 0191 2774547
Apply online at www.northeastjobs.org.uk, select 'Apply Now' and complete our online application form.
7 February 2023
Apply and view further information
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.