Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
East End Library & Community Hub
Newcastle upon Tyne
The library closed on 31 May 2019 in preparation for our move to the YHN office on Shields Road in the summer. As soon as we have a new date for re-opening we will let you know. In the meantime there are book bins on site if you wish to return items. Your nearest library is Walker Activity Dome where staff will be available to answer any library or customer service enquiries.
|Monday||10am - 6pm|
|Thursday||10am - 2pm|
|Friday||10am - 5pm|
|Saturday||10am - 2pm (only library open)|
The public computers are automatically turned off 15 minutes before closing time. Customers with Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit enquiries should arrive and take a ticket to be seen at least 30 minutes prior to the advertised closing time.
Save time, do it online
Limited free parking is available onsite and accessed from Shields Road via Potts Street.
This library is autism friendly, see user guide.
Full accessibility information can be viewed on East End Library and Community Hubs page on the AccessAble website.
- Books, magazines and newspapers
- Free computer, internet and Wi-Fi access
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
- Storytime, Mondays 10.30am, (Term Time Only)
- Minibus Visit (1st Thursday of the Month)
- Work Club (Fridays from 10am to 11.30am, please note this club is unstaffed)