Home delivery service
- Who can use the service?
We deliver to anyone living in Newcastle:
- who is unable to visit their local library due to either permanent or temporary ill health.
- who has a permanent disability.
- How to apply
- contact us by phone or email.
- we will make an appointment to visit you to find out your needs.
- Contact us
Home Delivery Service
Newcastle upon Tyne
Community mini-bus service
There is a mini-bus service run by volunteers which operates at Gosforth and High Heaton Libraries. The mini-bus will pick you up and take you to your local library where you can select items for loan. The mini-bus will then take you home. During the visit there is opportunity for a cup of tea, biscuit and a chat. As well as the driver there is always an escort on the mini-bus who assists with carrying books.
- visits take place on the 1st Tuesday and 4th Wednesday of the month.
Anyone who wishes to join the mini-bus service at Gosforth must contact Francis or Tuula Mogg on 07926 563160 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
High Heaton Library
the mini-bus visit is run by Social Services on the first Thursday of the month at 12.30pm: covering the East of the city from High Heaton down to the river.
To arrange a visit contact High Heaton Library on 0191 2774100 or email email@example.com
British Wireless for the Blind Fund
Newcastle Libraries is an agent for the BWBF who provide high quality, easy to use audio equipment which has been specially designed and adapted for listeners living with sight loss. Equipment is available on free loan to blind and partially sighted people who meet the following criteria:
- resident in the UK
- registered blind or partially sighted
- over the age of 8
- in receipt of a means tested benefit
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org