|Tuesday||10am to 6pm|
|Wednesday||10am to 2pm|
|Friday||10am to 5pm|
|Saturday||10am to 2pm|
The library is open for:
- browsing and borrowing a wide range of books including fiction and non-fiction for adults and children;
- printing and photocopying;
- using a public computer and scanner for up to three-hours a day;
- free WiFi;
- toy library;
- reserving stock including books, DVDs, toys and board games;
- advice on using our BorrowBox app to browse our eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines
- freephone for contacting other council services; and
- under 5s storytime on Fridays at 10.30am
The public computers are automatically turned off 15 minutes before closing time.
This library is autism-friendly (see our user guide).
Gosforth Library is in the same building as Newcastle City Learning's Learning Centre. Access to the library is on the ground floor which has level access and automatic doors. There is a freephone and PCs to self serve other council services. We have a hearing loop to assist communication with hearing impaired people, free Wi-Fi access, public toilets, baby changing facilities and a coffee machine.
At Gosforth Library we have:
- Regent Centre travel interchange, just a 4 minute walk away, for bus and Metro travel in all directions.
- Cycle racks are outside the front door of the Library.
- Limited parking is available behind the library in a pay and display car park. Check the car park's tariff board for the cost and length of time you can park.
- Electric car charging points can be found on Charge Your Car website.
Full accessibility information can be viewed on Gosforth Library's page on the AccessAble website.
Did you know?
Gosforth Library has a packed programme of regular activities:
Children's Lego Club - Tuesdays at 3.30pm
Knit and Knatter - Wednesdays at 11am
Story times: Wednesdays at 11am and Fridays at 10.30am (term time only)
English Learners Reading Group - 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 10am
Reading Group - 1st Tuesday of the month at 4.45pm
Children's Reading Group - 1st Friday of the month at 3.45pm
Children's Creative Writing Group - Last Friday of the month at 3.30pm
All activities are drop-in and offer a friendly welcome. For more one-off activities and events, visit newcastlelibraries.eventbrite.com
If you would like to give us feedback about our libraries, you can do so by completing this short online form.
Gosforth Library and Learning Centre is at:
Regent Farm Road
Newcastle upon Tyne