|Tuesday||10am to 2pm|
|Thursday||10am to 6pm|
|Friday||10am to 5pm|
|Saturday||10am to 2pm|
The library is open for:
- browsing and borrowing a wide range of books including fiction and non-fiction for adults and children;
- printing and photocopying;
- using a public computer and scanner for up to three-hours a day;
- free WiFi;
- reserving stock including books, DVDs, toys and board games;
- advice on using our BorrowBox and Libby apps to browse our eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and daily newspapers; and
- freephone to other council services.
The public computers are automatically turned off 15 minutes before closing time.
This library is autism-friendly (please see our user guide).
Kenton Library is in the Kenton Centre – the same building as YHN's Housing Office and Kenton Medical Centre. Access is via a front and rear entrance on the ground floor. There are steps and a ramp at both entrances enabling level access and automatic doors. We have a hearing loop to assist communication with hearing impaired people. There are public toilets and baby changing facilities. Our Home Delivery Service is managed from Kenton Library.
At Kenton Library we have:
- Bus stops on both Hillsview Avenue and Halewood Avenue, please check which one you need for your direction of travel and bus route (bus numbers 7, 8, 10, 11 and 32).
- The nearest Metro station is Fawdon, almost one mile away or an 18 minute walk.
- Cycle racks outside the library building on Hillsview Avenue.
- Limited free parking is available nearby in the large car park to rear of the library next to Kenton Shops, accessed from Halewood Avenue.
- Electric car charging points can be found on Charge Your Car website.
Full accessibility information about Kenton Library is available on AccessAble's website.
You can also find us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram or have fun with us on TikTok!
Did you know?
You can borrow books, audiobooks, board games and DVDs for free. You can read eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and newspapers for free on your device, wherever you are.
To find books, stories and research materials you can:
- Browse our online catalogue to find items to borrow.
- Explore BorrowBox to download eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- Explore Libby to access eMagazines for all interests and ages, or borrow PressReader to read a wide range of UK and world-wide newspapers.
If you would like to give us feedback about our libraries, you can do so by completing this short online form.
Your library location:
The Kenton Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.