What is the Skills Hub?
The Skills Hub brings together a range of partner organisations who offer young people and adults living in Newcastle:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Help getting into work and training
- Advice setting up a business
As part of our response to Covid-19, we are currently providing an enhanced service, 'Jobs @ Skills Hub', to help local employers to recruit local jobseekers, and make it as easy as possible for people to get back to work and employers to grow their workforce.
You can visit our dedicated website or watch our short video to find out more about the Skills Hub.
The Skills Hub is based at the City Library. While it was closed for a period during Covid-19, it has continued to provide access to support virtually, and will be re-opening from 5th September 2021.
The Skills Hub partner organisations offer one-to-one appointments, which can be arranged by visit, phone or email. These organisations include:
- Newcastle Careers and Guidance Team
- National Careers Service
- Newcastle Futures
- Supported Employment Service
- Jobs Education Training (JET)
- Moving on Tyne and Wear
- Project North East (PNE
- Reviving the Heart of the West End (RHWE)
- Your Homes Newcastle (YHN)
- Groundwork – Northern Directions
- Smart Works Newcastle
- City Learning
- Millin Charity
- Making a Difference
A free programme of events is also available and includes support workshops with practical advice, and employer-led activities, such as jobs fairs. Information about the latest events can be found on the Skills Hub website or our Facebook page.
The Skills Hub will be open from 5th September 2021 onwards. Standard opening hours are Monday to Friday from 10am – 5pm in Newcastle City Library.
Need more information?
For more information and updates, please visit the Skills Hub or:
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter
- Phone us on 0191 277 4125
- Email us at email@example.com
- Visit our Eventbrite page
- Or simply call into see us on level 2 of Newcastle City Library
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.