What is the Skills Hub?
The Skills Hub brings together a range of partner organisations who offer young people and adults living in Newcastle:
- Careers advice and guidance
- Help getting into work and training
- Advice setting up a business
As part of our response to Covid-19, we are currently providing an enhanced service, Jobs@SkillsHub, to help local employers to recruit local jobseekers, and make it as easy as possible for people to get back to work and employers to grow their workforce.
The Skills Hub is based at the City Library. While it was closed for a period during Covid-19, it continues to support
The Skills Hub partner organisations offer one-to-one appointments, which can be arranged by visit, phone or email. These organisations include:
- National Careers Service
- Newcastle Futures
- Generation North East
- Supported Employment Service
- Jobs Education Training (JET)
- Moving on Tyne and Wear
- Project North East (PNE)
- Reviving the Heart of the West End (RHWE)
- Wise Group
- Your Homes Newcastle (YHN)
A free programme of events is also available and includes support workshops with practical advice, and employer-led activities, such as jobs fairs. Information about the latest events can be found on https://www.skillshubnewcastle.co.uk/ or our Eventbrite and Facebook page.
The Skills Hub is open from Monday to Friday from 10am – 5pm in Newcastle City Library.
Need more information?
For more information and updates, please visit https://www.skillshubnewcastle.co.uk/ or:
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter
- Phone us on 0191 277 4125
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our Eventbrite page
- Or simply call into see us on level 2 of Newcastle City Library