New contact centre opening times
Contact Centre opening times will be changing from Monday 28 October, find out the revised opening hours.
Appeal a Parking Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
All challenges must be made in writing to Newcastle City Council. If your appeal is received within the first 14 days after the Penalty Charge Notice is served (or 21 days if the PCN was served following enforcement by the ANPR car - in these cases the PCN Notice number begins with NU90) the discounted penalty charge rate may be re-offered to you if your appeal is rejected for a further period of 14 days or 21 days, as applicable.
If you do not have the PCN reference number (starting with NU…) to hand, please ring 0191 278 7878 and quote “Parking”. If you can provide your vehicle registration number, we will be able to trace and provide the PCN reference number you need to submit an appeal.
It may take up to 24 hours from the time of issue for the PCN to be downloaded and appear on this system.
The online form allows you to submit an appeal and also view information regarding where, when and why the Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) was issued plus any supporting images taken by the Enforcement Officer at the time the PCN was issued. This is a joint facility that can also be used for making payment.
The online appeals form allows up to 3 JPEG or PDF files to be attached to support your appeal, with a maximum file size of 5MB.
We would recommend that you attach any evidence you believe supports your appeal, in order to aid the earliest consideration of your appeal.
Examples of items which you may wish to submit with your appeal can include –
- Copies or images of pay and display tickets;
- Evidence of payment to park via the PayByPhone service;
- Copies or images of relevant parking permits or disabled parking badges;
- Delivery notes to support claims of loading/unloading activity;
- Copies of valid vehicle hiring agreements, if you are a vehicle hire/lease company.
Other ways to appeal
- by email to email@example.com
- by post to Newcastle Parking Services, P.O. Box 2BL, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE99 2BL. Please quote your PCN number and vehicle registration in your appeal.
- by fax to 0191 277 2723
Please see the PATROL website for more detailed information on the parking penalty enforcement process.
Data Protection Information
Personal data has been collected in order to serve the PCN and enforce the parking terms and conditions. As a contravention has occurred, your personal data may be collected, processed, shared and retained in order to carry out the performance of a public task and fulfil our legal obligations in the following ways:
• To request details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA in order to pursue a PCN
• Shared with third parties for appeals and enforcement.
• To establish eligibility for a permit.
• To support enforcement of the parking permit scheme restrictions.
• Shared with the police or security organisations to prevent or detect crime.
Your Data Rights
In relation to the personal data which we may hold about you, you have the right to request to:
Be informed, have access or rectify incorrect information. You also have the right to object to or restrict our processing of your data.
Under Data Protection law we must verify your identity and explain to you our reasons if we do not agree to carry out your request.
Contact and Further Information for Data Protection queries only
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ICO.org.uk.