Coronavirus translated resources
Here you can find translated resources and information on COVID-19.
If you work with or support BAME communities then please share these within your communities. It's important we all work together to help protect our communities and city.
Coronavirus advice to BAME communities from Newcastle Hospital's medical practitioners
Working with Newcastle Hospitals, medical practitioners from the RVI and Freeman hospital have helped us produce videos with advice to BAME communities.
- Arabic - https://youtu.be/EQrsEI-M6f8
- Bengali - https://youtu.be/MOJJRh54mB4
- Bengali Sylheti - https://youtu.be/U3GF7B3P80Y
- Hindi - https://youtu.be/Q5D8MQWy5AI
- DKurdish Sorani - https://youtu.be/N0QLGtfoyw8
- Polish - https://youtu.be/9IRwP0S_hVw
- Punjabi Indian – https://youtu.be/737to-4DuPY
- Punjabi Pakistani – https://youtu.be/6HrFUq9SfGk
- Urdu - https://youtu.be/DTaR1wbVTcc
My experience with COVID-19
We're speaking to residents in the city who want to share their experience of having COVID-19 so it can help others.
- Romanian - https://youtu.be/QOhH9ZyXSSE
Doctors of the World
Doctors of the World, in partnership with the British Red Cross, Migrant Help and Clear Voice, have produced advice on Coronavirus (COVID-19) in 36 languages.
The guidance is based on the government’s updated advice and health information and can be found on the Doctors of the World website.
The Deaf Charity SignHealth are publishing updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19) in British Sign Language (BSL) every day. We are sharing these regularly on Facebook and Twitter and you can find all previous updates on the SignHealth website.
Stay at home message in different language
- Arabic (pdf, 125kb)
- Bengali (pdf, 367kb)
- Farsi (pdf, 201kb)
- Hindi (pdf, 305kb)
- Mandarin (pdf, 123kb)
- Polish (pdf, 123kb)
- Romanian (pdf, 118kb)
COVID-19 guidance for families with children
Did you know?
Black and Asian people are nearly twice as likely to die from Coronavirus compared with white people.