The 'Christmas bubbles' restrictions have been amended by the Government following a rise in Covid-19 cases and the implementation of 'Tier 4' restrictions for London and parts of the South East.
Newcastle and the wider North East remains in 'Tier 3' restrictions, meaning Christmas Bubbles can be formed, allowing a maximum of three households to meet on Christmas Day (December 25) only.
Key guidance points relating to Christmas Bubbles
- keep your Christmas bubble as small as possible. Two other households is a maximum, not a target
- do not join a Christmas bubble with anyone from a Tier 4 area
- stop all unnecessary social contact outside your immediate household as soon as possible and for at least five days before you meet other households in your bubble
- only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces
- only see your bubble on Christmas Day. Do not stay overnight and keep your visits as short as possible
- stay local where possible. Avoid travelling from a high prevalence to a low prevalence area
- only meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier you live in (unless coming from a lower to a higher tier) and do not meet socially with friends and family that you do not live with in your home or garden unless they are part of your Christmas bubble