Public Health Literacy
Public Health Literacy is a measure of how well can use information about health to improve lives in their community.
We are improving our health literacy by working to better understand:
- our neighbourhoods and the people that live there
- the issues and inequalities that they face
Our Community Champions scheme helps us to do this by:
- speaking to residents about the health challenges they face
- finding out more information about people's key priorities for improving their health
- sharing information with people where they live
We also want to improve the public health literacy of people who:
- study in the city.
- To do this we offer training for:
- community organisations
- care providers
Training and Development Workforce Development
Looking for something else?
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.