Crisis Support Scheme
Crisis Support is non-recoverable and it provides help for our residents in the City who have experienced a crisis or disaster. The scheme has recently been updated to provide support for those adversely affected by COVID-19:
The Scheme provides support:
(a) for those who have suffered a disaster or crisis which includes:
- No access to vital necessities (i.e. food, heating and clothing);
- Major flooding, gas explosions or fire which affects the home (where insurance or utility companies are not liable);
- Emergency trips to hospital (i.e. to Accident and Emergency) Breakdown of family unit (i.e. fleeing violence);
- Severe financial hardship as a direct result of COVID-19;
(b) have a risk to the personal health and safety of themselves and/or a member of their household* and they are unable to secure funding from any other source.
The following is regarded as a need for health and safety:
- Food and/or clothing;
- Fuel for heating their home;
- Travel costs in emergency situations;
In summary our scheme offers the following:
- Shopping packages ordered online and delivered directly to the customer;
- Small food parcels made up from non-perishable food (currently not available as our office is closed);
- Pre- Paid Vouchers via PayPoint for Gas and Electricity top up;
- Emergency travel which is arranged through the Councils Travel Office;
- Clothing through a supermarket gift cards;
- Voucher to cash* ;
- Payments to bank accounts* ;
*During COVID periods only otherwise the scheme is cashless
If you are unable to complete an online application form please call 0191 278 7878, ask for Crisis Support.
Crisis Support opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3.30pm.
Please note there is no out of hours service for Crisis Support.
For more information on the Crisis Support Scheme please read the following Crisis Support