Who we are and what we do
The Communities Team is the Council’s community engagement lead; we work closely with the Communication Team and are co-located within the Communication and Engagement Service.
We provide the necessary expertise to support meaningful and tailored community engagement, advising council services and working closely with our voluntary and community sector partners.
We work with people of all ages, who live, work or learn in Newcastle to devolve local decision making, supporting the Council to deliver on its priorities. The team provides professional advice, guidance, training and confidence building, and assists Councillors to support practical devolution and greater accountability.
The service supports the asset transfer process for community buildings, delivers annual ward priority setting events across the city and manages 26 ward budgets and associated grant aid processes. You can get in touch with the communities team by email email@example.com phone 0191 2773560 (answer phone checked daily) or you can subscribe to our mailing list by completing this short form
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I speak to one of my local councillors?
- How can I apply for funding from the Ward Committee?
- How can I report environmental issues in my ward?
- How can I find copies of agenda and minutes?
- I am unsure which ward I live in. How can I find out?
- How do I find out more about Newcastle Independent Tenant Voice?
Grants and Funding
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.