New contact centre opening times
Contact Centre opening times will be changing from Monday 28 October, find out the revised opening hours.
Newcastle Shopmobility provides battery-powered scooters and wheelchairs for people with mobility issues. This gives you independence to travel around the city centre to visit Eldon Square, Eldon Gardens, Northumberland Street and the Grainger Market.
How does the Shopmobility system work?
You need to be a member of the Shopmobility scheme to use it.
To join or have a trial session you need to:
- contact Shopmobility to book an appointment to make sure the equipment is right for you
- complete a training session on how to use the equipment
- pay the membership fee
- then you can use a mobility scooter or wheelchair
What does membership of Newcastle Shopmobility include?
Membership costs £25 a year and this gives you:
- unlimited use of the equipment
- access to the dedicated parking spaces on Level 4 of Eldon Gardens car park
- training so you can feel comfortable and safe with the equipment
- all scooters are fuelled on environmentally friendly electricity
- left-hand drive scooters are available
How to use Shopmobility when you want to go shopping
As a member of Shopmobility you can use the scheme when needed. You need to:
- contact the Newcastle Shopmobility team to book a parking space and a scooter or wheelchair
- ask for the scooter or wheelchair to be brought to your car
- if you have any questions their contact number is on the key that you are given
Shopmobility outside of Newcastle
Need more information?
Contact Newcastle Shopmobility
Telephone: 0191 261 6176
Minicom number: 0191 261 6183
Address: Eldon Garden Shopping Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
Opening hours: Monday closed; Tuesday and Wednesday 9 to 5pm; Thursday closed; Friday and Saturday 9 to 5pm; Sunday closed. Closed on bank holidays.
AccessAble have more information on the accessibility of the Newcastle Shopmobility shop.