Parking and Bus Lane Penalty Charge Notices
Pay or Appeal a Penalty Charge Notice
Parking enforcement regulations
The main purpose of enforcing parking regulations and issuing notices is to dissuade motorists from breaking the parking rules. I have been issued with a PCN, what do I do now?
- Encourage correct, sensible and safer parking
- Improve road safety
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Businesses to benefit from more efficient deliveries due to the easier flow of traffic
- Pedestrians, in particular those with a vision impairment or mobility problems, by removing obstructions from pavements where there are adjacent yellow lines.
From 15th April 2009 Newcastle City Council implemented Civil Parking Enforcement (CPE). This involves powers from the Traffic Management Act 2004 and saw the Council take over responsibility for non-endorsable offences, such as parking on yellow lines from Northumbria Police.
Newcastle City Council is also responsible for the enforcement of dropped kerbs and has received approval from the Secretary of State for CCTV enforcement by camera car for important restrictions, such as School Keep Clears and bus stops.
All parking restrictions are outlined in the Legal Orders and Newcastle City Council operate according to Council agreed CPE guidelines.
If a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) observes a vehicle parked in contravention of a parking restriction, a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) may be issued. I have been issued with a PCN, what do I do now?
To report parking problems please contact Parking Services on 0191 261 4503 (between 8.00am and 6.00pm, all days).
Outside of these hours please contact Parking Services on 0191 277 2739 which operates beyond 6.00pm and also provides a voicemail facility for reporting parking problems which can be investigated when an officer is available.
If you require help in tracing an outstanding PCN, please contact the Customer Contact Centre on 0191 278 7878 and quote "Parking" (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm).
Pages in this area
- Appeal a Parking Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)
- Bus Lane Enforcement
- CCTV parking enforcement
- Civil Parking Enforcement (CPE) Guidelines and Legal Orders
- Enforcement of Dropped Kerbs
- Interactive PCN Challenge Guide
- John Dobson Street (Northbound) Penalty Charge Notices
- Pay a Parking Penalty Charge Notice