The council has received a formal application from Kingston Park residents for the redesignation of the Kingston Park Neighbourhood Forum.
The Council seeked views and comments on the application from residents and other interested stakeholders regarding the redesignation of the forum. The Consultation ran from 22 February 2021 to 6 April 2021
Click here to see our consultation page.
What is Neighbourhood planning?
Neighbourhood planning gives local communities the chance to draw up their own plans and proposals for shaping the future of their areas. The proposals would need to comply with national and local strategic policies.
Types of Neighbourhood Planning
There are three types of neighbourhood planning available to communities:
- Neighbourhood Plan - establish general planning principles for the development and use of land in a neighbourhood. Neighbourhood planning cannot be used to block the building of the homes and businesses considered to be necessary to meet the city's needs. However, it can influence the type, design, location and mix of new development.
- Neighbourhood Development Order - allows you to grant planning permission for certain types of development that you want to see go ahead in your community area.
- Community Right to Build Order - allows you to grant planning permission for the local community to build small developments, such as housing, community facilities or shops.
The following Neighbourhood Areas have been designated in Newcastle:
- Dinnington Parish Neighbourhood Area
- Woolsington Parish Neighbourhood Area
- Kingston Park Neighbourhood Area
If you are thinking about Neighbourhood Planning for your area, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org