Report a faulty manhole cover

Manhole Covers and Gulley Grates

If you see a missing or broken manhole cover or gulley grate please phone 0191 2787878 and ask for "Your Local Services" to report it.  We will inspect it as soon as possible, make the area safe and inform the relevant organisation.

What is a manhole cover - these are found in roads and pavements, are solid and usually belong to Northumbrian Water or one of the other utility companies.

What is a gulley grate - these are found at the edge of the road and allow rain water to drain away.

If you want to report a blocked gulley please use the online form.