Doing business with the Council
Doing business with the Council
How we do business
Our Commissioning and Procurement Plan is an accessible guide to how we work. It sets out our aims and priorities for the things we buy and explains how we build maximum social and financial value into every contract opportunity.
On this page you will find links to live contract opportunities, our upcoming commissioning intentions, our contract list, and information on how you can find support to bid for contracts.
Find live contract opportunities
Open opportunities over £25,000
We publish all of our competitive contract opportunities over £25,000 on the NEPO portal along with the other North East local authorities.
If you would like to work with the Council you can register on this portal, free of charge, here. Once registered you will receive automatic alerts as new contract opportunities are published for a category/delivery area you are interested in.
For the publication of new procurement notices Find A Tender has replaced the Official Journal of the European Union's Tenders Electronic Daily (OJEU/TED) and provides a UK wide gov.uk search function for the publication and viewing of high value new procurement notices (usually above £138,760 - including VAT).
For lower value opportunities worth over £12,000 (including VAT) in England this information can be found via gov.uk Contracts Finder
Consultancy and training opportunities of any value
If you offer a consultancy or training service our live opportunities are published on the Bloom website. You need to register with Bloom to bid for these opportunities.
Please contact Bloom directly to undertake this simple process at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3948 9400 .
Every six months we publish a list of the most significant commissioning and procurement exercises that we intend to carry out, with details of how you can get involved in the early stages of commissioning design.
Our commissioning intentions are taken from our wider contract list where you can see details of all existing contracts expected to come to an end in the next three years. As requirements may change over time, information in the contract list is only ever an indication but gives a good sense of what is likely to happen and when.
You can view our awarded contracts on the NEPO portal.
Support to bid
You can access a range of support through the Council's business support partners to help improve your chances of bidding successfully:
- The NEPO Supplier Partnership Programme offers free training and networking events for local organisations in areas such as bid writing, understanding procurement, and developing social value in your business
- Our Business and Intellectual Property Centre (BIPC) offers free support on intellectual property, and provides training events on things like content marketing, and developing innovative practice
Find out more about the support offered and book training via their websites at the links above.
Did you know?
- 66% of the Council's spend on contracts was with local businesses in the North East - of this 67% was with Small and Medium Enterprises
- 53% of the Council's total spend on contracts was with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- 14% of the Council's spend on contracts and grants was with Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations.
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.