Park and Ride
Park and Ride facilities within and around Newcastle City Council boundaries are available at the following Metro Stations:
- Callerton Parkway (NE13 8DF) to the north-west of the city centre;
- Kingston Park (NE3 2SW) to the north-west of the city centre;
- Walkergate (NE6 4NT) to the east of the city centre;
- Regent Centre (NE3 3PF) to the north of the city centre;
- Heworth (NE10 0LW) which is east of Gateshead and accessible from the A194(M); and
- Newcastle Great Park (NE13 9AA) to the north of the city centre (bus based) – this Park and Ride facility is currently suspended as the site is being used as a drive-through COVID testing facility
- Bank Foot (NE13 8AA) to the north-west of the city
- Four Lane Ends (NE12 8EE) to the north-east of the city*
- Northumberland Park (NE27 0RN) in Shiremoor;*
- East Boldon (NE36 0AB) between Newcastle and Sunderland;*
- Fellgate (NE32 4TG) in Jarrow;*
- Stadium of Light (SR5 1DN) in Monkwearmouth*
Accessible parking spaces are available at the Metro stations marked with an *
The facilities at Kingston Park (with the exception of the ticket machines that are maintained by Nexus) and Walkergate are operated by Newcastle City Council, while the other car parks are operated by Nexus - who are contactable via telephone number 0191 2020 747 between 7am and 9pm, 7 days a week (or 0191 203 3199, 9am to 5pm Monday - Friday for calls about Metro).
For detailed information on planning your journey please visit the Nexus website. On the Nexus website home page you can use the “My Journey” search facility to enter the name of the Metro station you wish to park at (such as Regent Centre). This will bring up a map showing the location of the station with the facility to zoom in and out to help plan your route to the Metro Station. The Nexus website also includes information about relevant Stations; Metro fares and parking charges and any timetable changes to help inform your decision.
Please see the Nexus website for information regarding the Park and Ride facilities and named stations.