Did you know that you can now pay for your parking at Eldon Square and Eldon Garden multi-storey car parks by card, coin or via phone?
If you're one of the many shoppers who use the city centre's two busiest car parks, you'll be pleased to know that we've upgraded our ticket mahcines.
If you are visiting Newcastle city centre, why not try our new Check In / Check Out system?
It means that you will no longer have to rush back to your car before your ticket runs out. And because you can also now pay by card, you don't need to have the correct change to hand.
But how does it work? You can read our handy step-by-step instructions below.
How to 'Check In' to the car park
- On the pay and display machine, select that you wish to pay by card.
- Insert your card into the slot or, if contactless, hover your card over the contactless reader.
- Input your vehicle registration details into the machine as instructed.
- You will then receive notification on the screen that you are checked in and you will receive a ticket that states you are checked in. There is no need to display this ticket - it is for your records only.
- Details of being checked in are immediately transferred to our officers' handheld devices.
How to 'Check Out' of the car park
- When you return to your car, go to any pay and display machine. Again, select that you wish to pay by card.
- Insert your card into the slot or, if contactless, hover your card over the contactless reader. The same bank card must be used to check out as used to check in.
- The display screen will advise that you are now checked out and a receipt notifying you of how much you have been charged will be printed.
Please note: the Check In / Check Out system is for same day parking only.
You can still take advantage of the Alive After Five scheme, meaning that your stay at these car parks will only be charged until 5pm from Monday to Saturday, or 6pm on a Sunday.
If you'd like to find out more about our car parks, including opening times, prices and locations, please click here.
If there is a problem with the ticket machine you have used, please see further information here.