Park and pay by phone
Park and pay by phone
The PayByPhone service operates across all of the council's city centre car parks, as well as some outlying car parks and selected on-street charged parking areas.
The system gives you a way to pay for parking using a credit or debit card, via a mobile phone app, online or over the phone.
Information on how the system works is displayed on signs in car parks and parking places where it is offered, and below.
Good reasons to choose to PayByPhone are that there's:
- no need to search for a pay and display ticket machine
- no need to worry about having the correct change
- no need to display a ticket in your vehicle
- a countdown timer on the app
- optional text message reminders (please note charges apply for the text message reminders)
- text message, email and VAT receipts (please note charges apply for the text message receipts)
- no need to rush back to your vehicle - you can extend your parking session from your mobile phone
- no service charge
- multiple card payments to manage business parking
For more information please see PayByPhone's online help centre.
Register for PayByPhone
To register for the PayByPhone service:
Paying using PayByPhone
Car park location number
In order to park using the PayByPhone system you need to know the location number of the car park or parking area you are using.
This is displayed on signs, or please see our lists of:
Pay for your parking
If you are registered and have the location number then you can pay for your stay, using a credit or debit card:
- in the PayByPhone app
- by calling 0191 628 0000
- by texting 65565
For more information see the
Terms and conditions of parking
- Payment must be made at the time of parking
- Enforcement action may be taken if you have not paid for parking or the time you have paid for has expired
- You are responsible for entering the correct vehicle and location information when you park
- Normal parking regulations apply
- Parking suspensions may be in force in pay by phone locations at any time - always check for signs and find an alternative space where necessary
- Newcastle City Council is not responsible for mobile network coverage or network failure. It is your responsibility to make sure that your parking payment covers the entire duration that your vehicle is parked. Reliance on text message reminder messages does not provide an exemption to this rule.
If you would like to give us feedback on our website, please complete this short online form.