Our site is in Beta Live, we welcome your feedback to help us improve the site.
Park and Pay by Phone
The PayByPhone service operates across all city centre car parks operated by Newcastle City Council, as well as other outlying car parks and selected on-street charged parking areas.
The system offers motorists an alternative means of payment to the existing pay and display machines by paying via your mobile phone from an account that accepts all major payment cards. Clear information on how the system works is displayed via signs within the participating parking places.
Six good reasons to choose Park and PayByPhone
No need to search for a Pay and Display machine
No need to worry about having the correct change
No need to display a ticket in your vehicle
Optional reminders sent to your phone with the expiry time of your parking session*
No need to rush back to your vehicle - extend your parking session from your mobile*
- From 01 June 2019 there is no service charge to use this convenient service
Motorists can download the app to register or register online to pay for their parking from their mobile phone. Payment can then be made by calling 0191 628 0000 or texting 65565. The PayByPhone website (link to https://www.paybyphone.co.uk/how-it-works/parking) provides further instructions and additional ways to use the service, as well as demonstration videos that are available on You Tube on how to use the App and service (link to https://www.youtube.com/user/PayByPhoneUK).
PayByPhone have also developed a self-service support centre on their website available here (link to https://support.paybyphone.co.uk/hc/en-us).
Each car park has its own unique Location Number to be quoted when paying:
The Pay by Phone mobile web site, https://park.paybyphone.com/newcastle/ allows customers to access and manage their Pay by Phone account, pay for parking sessions and obtain VAT receipts.
The PayByPhone service includes the following features:
- Optional SMS reminders and receipts.
- Email receipts
- VAT receipts
- Countdown timer on the app
- The option to extend parking (within parking restrictions)
- Access to our customer services team for any queries
- Multiple card payments to manage business parking
If you have any further questions, please refer to our frequently asked questions (FAQ's).
Terms and Conditions of Parking
- Payment must be made at the time of parking
- Enforcement action may be taken if you have not paid for parking or the time you have paid for has expired
- You are responsible for entering the correct vehicle and location information when you park
- Normal parking regulations apply
- Parking suspensions may be in force in pay by phone locations at any time - always check for signs and find an alternative space where necessary
- Newcastle City Council is not responsible for mobile network coverage or network failure. It is your responsibility to make sure that your parking payment covers the entire duration that your vehicle is parked. Reliance on SMS reminder texts does not provide an exemption to this rule.