Parking With a Disabled Blue Badge
Parking With a Disabled Blue Badge
From 01 July 2021 some changes are being made to the way you can use your Blue Badge in Newcastle upon Tyne.
These changes relate to the payment of parking only – full details can be found here – (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/car-parks-and-street-parking).
When and where you can use your Blue Badge has not changed, below is a guide to where the badge allows you to park with your Badge displayed so that the details including the expiry date can clearly be read and verified. Full details are available in the guide you will have received with your Blue Badge (which is also available online - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-blue-badge-scheme-rights-and-responsibilities-in-england).
Please note that these regulations relate to parking areas that fall within the Newcastle City Council remit only. If you are travelling outside of Newcastle upon Tyne, please contact the local authority for that area.
Areas that you can park whilst displaying a valid Blue Badge
- Disabled Bays (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/disabled-parking-bays)
- Pay and Display Bays (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/pay-and-display-bays)
- Single and Double Yellow Lines (the clock received with your Blue Badge must also be set and displayed) – max 3 hour stay. (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/yellow-lines)
- Residential Permit Areas – no time limit (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/residents-permit-bays)
- Limited Stay Bays – no time limit (link to https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/limited-stay-bays)
Areas that you cannot park
- Car Club Bays (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/car-club-bays)
- Loading Bays (unless you are loading) (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/loading-bays)
- Goods Vehicle Loading Bays (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/loading-bays)
- Electric Vehicle Bays (unless you drive an electric vehicle and it is charging) (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/electric-charging-bays)
- Permit Bays, such as Season Ticket Bays, Non - Residential Permit Bays, Contract Permit Holder Bays) (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/city-park-bays)
- Suspended Bays (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/suspended-bays)
- Yellow Lines with a Loading Restriction (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/yellow-lines)
- HGV and Coach Parking Bays (Ord Street HGV Car Park only) (link to https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/coach-bays)
- Taxi Ranks – including Taxi Bays (link to https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/taxi-bays)
- Dropped Kerbs / Raised Carriageways (link to https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/dropped-kerbs)
- School / Pedestrian Crossings (link to https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/parking-outside-schools and https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/pedestrian-crossings)
- Bus Stops (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/bus-stops)
- Motorcycle Bays (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/motorcycle-bays)
- Clearways (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/clearways)
- Cycle Tracks (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/cycle-tracks)
Care must be taken when parking in Shared Use Bays to ensure that you are parking within the correct prevailing restrictions. (link to https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/shared-use-bays)
You will find information on our Shopmobility scheme here (link to https://newcastle.gov.uk/services/parking-and-permits/parking-guidance/shopmobility-bays)
If you require any further information regarding parking areas where Blue Badges can be used please contact email@example.com